Wednesday, 5 October 2016

Trials and Tribulations......







Hello and welcome!

I have been rather pressed of late and as such my modelling time has been severely curtailed! Life happens and we all have our responsibilities so this week's post will not have any big news.

However I have managed to steal some hobby time here and there so I will show you where I am up to with my current projects......... 


First up, my Airfix 1/48 Spitfire Mk.Vb. I am sorry to tell you that this kit has fought me at every step. I am not enjoying this one at all and I have given serious consideration to giving up on it altogether! If it hasn't been one thing it's another so I after some thought I am going to save the 249 Sqn markings in the box and use them on a Tamiya Mk.Vb Tropical kit. 
In the meantime I will struggle on with the Airfix kit and try to make the best  of it. 

The fit of this kit is bad and I will not be buying another one anytime soon. I'm sorry Airfix, I really wanted to say good things about this kit. I'm gutted. 

Here is how the build looks as of this evening...........




Next and far more enjoyable is my 1/35 MRC AH-1H Cobra. This kit is coming along at a slow, but pleasant pace and I have now managed to fit the canopy frame after sewing up the fuselage halves. It looks a bit of a mess right now, but once I get the paint on over all that pre-shading it should begin to look like a Cobra!



So like I said earlier-not much doing right now but stay tuned as hopefully I will be able to get some more time at the bench and make some more progress. 

Until next time, take care and Happy Modelling!

Darren.