Sunday, 22 January 2017

Back to Base! LRDG diorama WIP Part II



Hello! 

This weekend has blessed me with some time to myself and I have enjoyed some downtime in the studio. It has been cold in my part of the world, so the heating is on full blast and I have been cracking on with my desert diorama depicting the Long Range Desert Group.

I had previously made up my display base and applied groundwork to simulate sand. However, after looking at similar builds of the same subject I came to the conclusion that I needed to improve my groundwork for this diorama. 

After viewing an excellent tutorial from scalewarmachines.com which demonstrated the use of Vallejo Sand textured paste I decided I would try this method myself to see if I could improve the realism of my diorama. 

You can see the video here: 


Here is how I got on......